Thursday, March 27, 2008

superb news!


dear readers, i have good news! and this is really good news, not the 'almost sold the house ' sort of news. uncle martin is what is known as a 'perfect match' for himself! this means that not only does the blood not argue but the kidney will not argue either! the peeps are over the moon (a saying, dear readers, which means 'pretty chuffed').

it is surprising that the internal organs of uncle martin are not bitter. by all accounts himself used to steal uncle martin's food in their youth, in particular his chips. it just goes to show that crime doesn't pay. uncle martin, the victim of the theft, is a fine healthy specimen, whereas himself, the perpetrator of nefarious acts, is crumbling.

anyway, soon himself will be in possession of a new kidney. they will leave his old ones where they are so he will have three. hopefully he will feel very much better soon.

herself has asked me to thank our readers for all your support and kindness. it means a lot...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such wonderful news! I am so very, very happy for you all. This made my night. Big hugs for all!
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

I feel like a complete dolt! I've taken since last summer to re-do my blog roll. And I show up just in time to hear THIS NEWS!

I am, from far away, SO glad to hear it. If you and your family ever make it to the states...(I would buy you a drink but that hardly sounds kidney-friendly) I will take you all out for the BEST GLASS OF WATER you've ever tasted!

flutter said...

Oh that is wonderful news!!

Liv said...

I could NOT be happier for you and yours. blessings from afar!

Meg said...

I am so happyhappyhappy for you guys!!!!! My day, which has so far sucked more than the strongest powered vacuum cleaner, has now been made significantly happier by reading this. I curse my evil modem for being non-functional yesterday and not allowing me to read this a moment sooner. That is so fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous news, sending all our good wishes,
lilychip & the hounds (on flickr)

Lesley Rigby said...

What wonderful news! This really puts everything into perspective.....being well again is everything. I'll bet Uncle Martin is happy - what a gift!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad. New job, new house, new kidney for the hubs. It's all good. Take care sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Great news...very pleased for you all....just gotta make him give one up now!!
Sgt Goose

Patience-please said...

Oh, I was checking to see who else had commented here, as I knew I had done, but blogger must have eaten mine. (I probably got the word verification thingy wrong and didn't realize. I do that.) We did HUGE BIG HAPPY DANCES way over here in Kentucky!!!

smiles from Patience and the whippets, too

Catofstripes said...

Hello!

I'm only an occasional reader but this is such good news I wanted to join the congratulations with everyone else. Hurrah for Uncle Martin, what a good chap.